Spicy Peanut and Sweet Potato Soup
A warming combination of flavours.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 50 mins
- 2 onions
- 1 fresh chilli
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 3 tbs coconut cream
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 30g chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Peel and Slice the Ginger. Roughly chop the unpeeled sweet potatoes into 3 cm pices. Peel and chop the onions and carrots into cubes. Place all in an oven proof dish and roast for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile blend the stock, peanut butter, coconut cream. Deseed the chillis and finely chop then add with the cumin and corriander.
- Add the roasted veg to the blender until you get a smooth thick texture. If you want a thinner soup, add a little more water.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of chopped chilli. You could also top with more chopped coriander, sunflower seeds and grated orange zest.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.