Vegan Nut Butter 'Billionare’s Shortbread'
The perfect snack
Prep time: 30 mins
Freeze Time: 3hrs
Ready in: 4hrs
- 300 g medjool dates
- 150g oats
- 200g mixed nuts
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 300g medjool dates
- 60g natural salted peanut or cashew butter
- 100g coconut oil(melted)
- 180g dark dairy free chocolate
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (melted )
- To make the base layer, blend the dates in a food processor into a smooth thickpaste. If you use regular dates you will need to add a spash of water. Set to side
- Blend oats and nuts in the processor into crumbs. Add the date paste, vanilla essence and coconut oil and blend into crumbs that hold together when you squeeze them.
- Press the mixture down into a standard 30 cm x 20cm tray, lined with parchment.
- Press down compacting it into the tray then put in fridge.
- Blend the dates in a food processor into a smooth thickpaste. If you use regular dates you will need to add a spash of water.
- Melt the peanut or cashew butter with the coconut oil in a pan then add to the date paste in the food processor into crumbs.
- Spread over the base layer then return to the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of boiling water, making sure that the base of the bowl does not touch the boiling water.
- Add coconut oil then pour over the middle layer.
- Return to fridge for 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge 30 minsutes before slicing into squares.
- Eat the whole lot or store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.