Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cake
A perfect combo of peanut butter and chocolate, the ultimate slice.
Prep/Cooling time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Ready in: 1 hr 15 mins
For the cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup black coffee
- ¼ cup Utta Nutta peanut butter
For the icing
- 1 cup Utta Nutta peanut butter
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar, whisk to combine the two.
- Add to the wet ingredients, the melted butter, vanilla extract, coffee and flax. Combine together with an electric hand mixer.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking powder and cocoa together into a separate bowl.
- Add sugar into the other sieved dry ingredients.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients using an electric hand mixer.
- Pour the cake mixture into 3 8 inch cake tins and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for roughly 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until it shrinks away from the sides of the tin and springs back when tapped lightly.
- Tip out the cakes onto wire racks and allow to cool.
- For the peanut butter icing, use the electric mixer to whip the Utta Nutta peanut butter, butter and icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Once the icing has been made, place into a bowl and leave to chill in the fridge until the cakes are cool.
- To ice the cakes, split the icing into 3 sections and spread out onto each of the layers while assembling the cakes.
- To finish the cakes, sprinkle over peanuts or chocolate chips.